Daylight Savings With PlayoutONE
To deal with Daylight Savings In PlayoutONE follow the guide below:
- Clocks fallback at 01:59:59 to 01:00:00
- Remove all Time markers and RunToTime commands in the 01:00 Hour.
- Your Music Scheduling software should create two hours worth of content in the 01:00 playlist. PlayoutONE will then happily play the contents of the 0100 playlist as normal.
- If using AutoDJ then it will automatically reselect your 0100 hour when the clocks fallback.
- Clocks spring forward at 01:59:59 to 03:00:00
- Therefore your Music Scheduling software should not schedule a 02:00 playlist. This allows PlayoutONE to skip over the 02:00:00 naturally into the 03:00:00 hour.
- If using AutoDJ then it will automatically select your 0300 hour when the clocks spring forward at 01:59:59
Using Music1? Find out how to accomplish the above by reading this blog post from Steve Warren.