Connecting PlayoutONE Standard With Other Machines On Your Network
If you have more than one studio or want to share one PlayoutONE database with other PlayoutONE installations on your network then follow the steps below.
On The Server or Master PC
1) Go to your main PlayoutONE folder (usually C:\PlayoutONE) and make sure you share the folder. To do this:
- Right-click on the PlayoutONE folder.
- Click Sharing Tab
- Click Advanced Sharing
- Tick the Share This Folder Box
- Click the Permissions button,
- Make sure all three boxes are ticked under Everyone
- Apply changes, and click OK on all remaining windows.
2) Open PlayoutONE on the master machine and navigate to the PlayoutONE settings.
3) Change the Data, Audio & Playlists Path from C:\PlayoutONE to \\MASTER-MACHINE-NAME\PlayoutONE.
You can find out the name your master machine by right-clicking on MY COMPUTER from the Windows desktop and choosing properties
4) Change the SQL Server Server from localhost\p1sqlexpress to MASTER-MACHINE\P1SQLExpress
5) Open PlayoutONE on the master and verify you can play audio and load playlists.
On The Client PCs
1) Go to the PlayoutONE settings and alter the Data, Audio and Playlists Path so that they match with the master settings. Also, alter the SQL Server settings.
3) Close PlayoutONE and re-open for the new settings to be applied.