Restoring A SQL Database Backup
You may be required at some point to restore a SQL Backup if you have accidentally lost data, want to restore your database to a previous time or are moving your database to a new computer. To restore a backup follow the instructions below:
Take A Backup
This can be achieved by either finding your latest backup in the SQL_Backups folder which is located in your data folder (usually C:\PlayoutONE\Data)
- Opening the PlayoutONE SQL Database Tool tool located in C:\PlayoutONE\SQL_Configuration.
- Choose Backup from the three options.
- Select your database (usually PlayoutONE_Standard) from the DB To Backup dropdown list.
- Click Backup.
The backup will then be created in C:\MsSQL
Restoring A Backup
- Ensure all PlayoutONE applications are closed
- Go to C:\PlayoutONE\SQL_Configuration and open the PlayoutONE SQL Database Tool.
- Click Restore from the three options.
- Select the database to overwrite from the Restore Into DB dropdown list (usually PlayoutONE_Standard) or create a new database by typing the name of the new database.
- Select your backup file generated in Step1.
- Click Restore.
Note: Restoring a SQL Backup won't bring back any deleted audio files but it will give you the data