Creating a Rotator for Multiple Items Throughout the Day
In this guide, we're going to show you how to set up a rotate cart and child items which will allow you to have a different cart play depending on the time of day all scheduled with just one cart. This can then be adapted for other scenarios such as Weather, Sport or Travel News.
Note: This will only work in PlayoutONE Pro
For this example, we have 3 weather jingles, they are all 10 seconds each, but we want them to play at the following times:
- Jingle 1 (Morning): 00:00 - 12:00
- Jingle 2 (Afternoon): 12:00 - 18:00
- Jingle 3 (Evening): 18:00 - 00:00
First of all, we need to setup the individual Jingles on the system, this can be done by importing 3 new carts onto the system with our audio.
- We are going to set the Title to reflect what each cart is, for example, Jingle 1 (Morning), Jingle 2 (Afternoon) and Jingle 3 (Evening)
- We are going to set the Type to Production (We created this new Type within the Type Manager first)
- For each Jingle we then need to setup the DayParts for when it should play, you can head into the DayParts tab, check Enable DayParting then make sure you only have the hours in green selected for when you want that track to be scheduled
Now we have the individual carts setup, we can now create the rotate cart, this will be the cart that will be scheduled, and depending on what hour it is scheduled in this will change the item that is scheduled.
- We're going to create a new cart, and give it the UID of RT-WEATHER
- We're going to set the type to Promo
- We're going to give it a Title of Rotate Weather
- Heading into the rotates tab we can then choose