PlayoutONE Says 'Can't Connect To The Database'
Sometimes after upgrading PlayoutONE you may see the following message.
Try the following to correct the issue:
If you were using SQL before the upgrade:
- Go to C:\PlayoutONE\SQLConfiguration and run the 'StartSQLService.bat' script.
- Go to the services and ensure that SQLSERVER(P1SQLEXPRESS) service is running
- Restart the PC
- Check that the PlayoutONE_Admin account hasn't been deleted as this is needed to run SQL.
- Check the Registry (HK_Current_User\Software\PlayoutONE\Settings) and that SQL Database, Username, Password, Server all match correctly. if unsure, delete them as PlayoutONE will re-create them with the default values.
If you were using Access before the upgrade:
- All of the above
- Go to C:\PlayoutONE and run the SQLFirstRun.exe and upgrade the access database again by choosing 'Upgrade Access Database'
If all the above fails, then please contact support.