Adding a Command to a Cart
Sometimes you will need to create a Pre-defined Command within PlayoutONE that can be scheduled by your music scheduling software. This is achieved by creating a Pre-Defined command within PlayoutONE and then attaching it to a cart. You can then schedule the carts UID with the command attached to it.
Create The Command
From within PlayoutONE open the commands menu and create your command.
Creating The Cart
- Create a new blank cart in PlayoutONE.
- Click AutoID to pick the next UID from within the database (or type something in manually)
- Give the cart a Title.
- Set Type to Command
- Go to Splits & Commands Tab
- Select the Pre-defined command you made in the first part of this article from the Pre-defined drop down.
- Tick the radio button next to it.
- Click Save
Schedule The Cart
You've now attached the pre-defined command to a cart in PlayoutONE. This can now be scheduled by your music scheduling software by scheduling the UID.